[OpendTect_Users] Installation on Mac

dGB's software support support at dgbes.com
Tue Jun 9 12:54:17 CEST 2015

Hi OpendTectors,

There is a new Mac FAQ which explains how to circumvent Apple's default app
installation settings. It is can be seen on our sites, as the second FAQ on
the following pages:

http://opendtect.org/index.php/support/faq/installation-setup
http://dgbes.com/index.php/support/faq/installation-and-setup

For your convenience, it is also in full here:

*Q:** I am confronted by an error message when trying to install OpendTect
on my Mac, telling me that “OpendTect Installer is damaged and can’t be
opened”. Is this true, why does this happen & how do I get round this?*

*A:* It is not true. This happens because Apple has a default setting that
only permits apps from the Apple store.

The way to change this and successfully install OpendTect is to do the
following:

   1.

   Click on the 'Apple' button (top left), go to:
   2.

   System Preferences
   3.

   Security & Privacy
   4.

   General Tab
   5.

   Allow apps to be installed from anywhere, (may ask for login).
   6. Then run the installer. Once finished, change the security back (if
   you wish).

For those of you who weren't aware that OpendTect can be installed on Mac,
please take a look at the following link to see which plugins are supported:
http://opendtect.org/index.php/products/supported-platforms

Best regards,
Mark

--