[OpendTect_Users] Update to the External Attribute Plugin

Wayne Mogg wayne.mogg at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:25:17 CEST 2015

I've just updated the External Attribute Plugin
<http://waynegm.github.io/OpendTect-Plugin-Docs/Attributes/ExternalAttrib/> to
correct a nasty bug preventing calculation of attributes on horizons, on
time slices and in crossplots.

To accompany this new release I have also included a new set of Python
external attribute scripts that explore the application of local polynomial
approximations
<http://waynegm.github.io/OpendTect-Plugin-Docs/External-Attributes/LPA-Attributes/>
(LPA)
to seismic data. The new examples demonstrate that Python/Numpy scripts and
the External Attribute Plugin can be used to implement quite sophisticated
algorithms including structure preserving data smoothing and calculation of
event dips using a structure tensor. The examples also demonstrate the use
of the Numba JIT <http://numba.pydata.org/> compiler infrastructure for
accelerating calculations in Python/Numpy.

With this release the documentation for my entire suite of OpendTect
plugins has now moved to http://waynegm.github.io/OpendTect-Plugin-Docs/.

Use the following links to access the update:

Source Code
<https://github.com/waynegm/OpendTect-5-plugins/releases/tag/v5.0.6-1>
Windows 64 Binaries
<https://bintray.com/waynegm/OpendTect-Plugins/OpendTect-5-plugins-windows/_latestVersion>