[Announce] OpendTect v2.0.2 official release

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at opendtect.org
Fri Dec 24 16:26:51 CET 2004

Dear all,,

I am pleased to announce that OpendTect v2.02 is now officially released
and available from the OpendTect download center at www.opendtect.org .

Compared to the last official release (v1.2.1c) this is a major release
with the following highlights:

 * 2D seismic data support
 * Import/export of files > 2Gb
 * Prototype Horizon and Fault tracking
 * Improved volume rendering
 * Batch processing of attributes on horizons
 * Redesign for Multi Machine Processing, now also supported on Windows.
 * Upgrade to COIN 2.3.0, SIMVoleon 2.0.1 and Qt 3.3.3
 * Various small fixes, changes and additions.

Compared to the beta release (v2.0.1) of Nov. 2004 this release offers
various bugfixes and a few new features:

 * Improved Spectral Decomposition
 * Possibility to store and retrieve attribute evaluation results on
horizons (e.g. for spectral decomposition)
 * Added "None" attribute for 2D lines (display line geometry and save
memory)
 * 64-bit support for Linux.

I would like to take this opportunity to send you our Season's Greetings
and Best Wishes for the New Year.

Best regards,

Paul de Groot.

PS. In a few hours we will also release a new version of GDI that is
compatible with OpendTect v2.0.2.

--
-- Paul de Groot
-- OpendTect Support Team
-- paul.degroot at opendtect.org
-- http://www.opendtect.org
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104