[Announce] OpendTect 2.4.1 available

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Thu Aug 31 16:48:17 CEST 2006

Dear OpendTect watchers,

Today we released the new 'stable' release with version 2.4.1. Thanks to
the beta-testers we have been able to remove a couple of nasty bugs that
were present in the 2.5.0 release.

The highlights (compared to 2.2.3):

* Fully reworked horizon tracker
   Horizon tracking now has many new options (like line tracking), is
   much more stable and easier to use

* Annotation objects
   Annotations can be added as text or images, with arrows and boxes.

* The 'fingerprint' attribute
   Compares multiple attributes to a fingerprint collected at a
   user-picked fingerprint location(s)

* Multi-attribute display
   Most display elements can now hold multiple attribute displays

Commercial plugins:

* New SSIS plugin (dGB)
   Includes chrono-stratigraphic horizon tracking, systems tracts
   interpretations and Wheeler transforms (3D flattening).

* Updated Workstation access plugin (ArkCls)
   Now supports Both SeisWorks and GeoFrame on Linux too.

Best regards,

Bert Bril

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands