[Announce] Happy New Year

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at opendtect.org
Tue Jan 2 10:18:15 CET 2007

Dear colleagues and friends,

The OpendTect team thanks you for your continued support in 2006 and
wishes you and your family a Happy and Prosperous 2007!

To increase our development and support capacity, I am pleased to inform
you that dGB is currently setting up a branch office in India. dGB-India
will start on 1 April 2007 in Mumbai and will be headed by Nanne
Hemstra, one of OpendTect's most senior developers.

This year you can expect OpendTect base system (the open source part) to
support pre-stack data handling, 2D viewers, predictive error filtering
(gap decon, sponsored by Addax), 2D horizon tracking, Qt4 user-interface
(support of html tags in text labels) and fault mapping. Our next major
release will be in February.

Also many new commercial plugins will emerge in 2007. As of now: Seismic
Colored Inversion and Seismic Spectral Bluing (both by Ark cls). In
February: Deterministic Inversion, Stochastic Inversion and Connectivity
Module (all three by Earthworks). Later this year: Velocity Model
Building (dGB), Kirchhoff migration and Tomography (both by Geokinetics).

Thanks again for your support and best regards,

Paul de Groot.

--
-- Paul de Groot
-- OpendTect Support Team
-- paul.degroot at opendtect.org
-- http://www.opendtect.org
-- Tel: +31 534315155 , Fax: +31 534315104