[Developers] Issues Release 3

Urs Boeniger urs at geo.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jul 27 16:00:07 CEST 2007

Dear developers,

I would like to mention a two issues I am facing while upgrading to
release 3.x.

1. It seems like there is a problem related to OpenGL shading also with
compatible graphic cards. Using the OpenGL shading enabled it looks like
once adding a new line (Inline/Crossline/Timeslice)/volume and adding
and selecting a new attribute the resolution drop down menu gets
disabled and cannot be used anymore. While one the otherhand adding a
new line and then changing the resolution first before selecting/loading
a new attribute the resolution drop-down menu stays enabled and
selectable for that line always. If one disables the OpenGL shading
everything works as normal.

2. It seems like there was a change in the position definition upgrading
to release 3.0. In order to define the elements position in volume
definition one was able to type a 0 for the minimum value and the
appropriate minimal values where entered and similarly if you entered
for example 99999 into the maximum field and you line would only range
to the index 150, 99999 would have been set to 150 automatically. Since
release 3 the unfeasible range values are always set to the minimum. Did
that change on purpose? It previously described method was just a quick
way in getting the full 3d volume without entering the correct range
dimensions.

I think these two changes might have been unintentional and I would like
to know if other experience them in a similar way.

Sincerely,
Urs Böniger