[Developers] OpendTect v3.1.7pre

Nanne Hemstra nanne at opendtect.org
Mon Apr 14 14:29:45 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I've just put the base packages of OpendTect v3.1.7pre on our ftp site:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/v3.1.7/pkgs
This release is a preview of v3.1.7 which is scheduled for the end of
the week. The interface in the preview will not be changed.

There have been quite some changes since v3.1.6. The main changes are:

* ColorTable complete revision: colortab.h is removed. A few new classes
have been introduced: ColTab::Sequence, ColTab::Mapper,
ColTab::IndexedLookUpTable and ColTab::SeqMgr. Please have a look in
include/General/coltab*.h for more information.

* class Seis::SelSetup now has 'rangeonly_' rather than 'allowtable_'
and 'allowpoly_' separately.

* New location of documentation: All documentation has been moved from
$WORK/data to the new $WORK/doc. Apart from some html files, there are 4
directories:
- Programmer: the old data/dTectDoc/Programmer
- ReleaseInfo:  release notes
- SysAdm: System administrator documentation
- User: User documentation. There's a slight change in the way OpendTect
recognises the directory names as documentation. Was in the previous
release your doc directory like: $WORK/data/mypluginDoc, now it should
read: $WORK/doc/User/myplugin

Regards,
Nanne

--