[OpendTect_Developers] Data access & Seed point generation

David d'Angelo david.d-angelo at iais.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 19 15:45:20 CET 2012

Hi folks,

I am working on plugin, which connects the visualization of 2D seismic
lines in OpendTect with Android tablets.
Unfortunately, I face the following problems:
1) I need to get the image data out of the 2D Seismic lines. I used the
visBase PlaneDataDisplay class to access the underlying:
PlaneDataDisplay * pd = ...;
SbVec3i32 size;
int bytesPerPixel;
unsigned char* data =
pd->getChannels()->getChannels()->getValue(size,bytesPerPixel);
I get the data, however the dimensions are looking strange. What format
does the image have? 8bit grayscale?
What is the recommended way to access the underlying data from 2D lines?

2) I want to be able to remotely add seed points for horizon tracking.
Does anybody have an idea of how to do this without faking mouse events?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers,
David

--