[OpendTect_Developers] Problems with od_ivfileviewer project

oemergenc at gmail.com oemergenc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:34:45 CEST 2013

Hey there,

currently i am working on an application, in which i quite often need to
examine the scenegraph of OpendTect. I found the "od_ivfileviewer" project
inside OpendTect pretty helpful.

Unfortunately it seems only to work when it is started as batchprogram
inside the OpendTect application. I would like to start it as standalone
application, since Opendtect takes quite a lot time to start up up. This is
pretty uncomfortable, cause i have to start it quite often when examining
scenegraphs.

However the problem is, that when i start the od_ivfileviewer application
as standalone application i am only able to display scenegraphs that only
rely on the standard coin classes.

If i try to open the application with a scenegraph file that contains
OpendTect stuff it fails with a error message. Here it is:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: ..\..\lib\VolumeViz\nodes\VolumeData.cpp
Line: 592

Expression: FALSE

It seems that some dependencies are not loaded, although i can see that the
source contains code for loading the OpendTect dependencies. Note i am
trying to build the "od_ivfileviewer" project, not the
"od_ivfileviewer_clean" project.

Is there anything i can do?

Thanks in advance,
Oemer