[OpendTect_Developers] SeisTrcWriter Parallel write

Fernando Bordignon fbordignon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:39:08 CEST 2014

Hi guys. This time I have queries about writing to a seis cube in parallel.
Can I call the writer.put(trc); by many threads at the same time? This is
not critical for me, because I can mutex the writing process.

Another issue is bugging me the most. Can I call writer.put(trc); out of
traces order? For instance, I use threads to get the tracein:
rdr_->get(trcin_) inside doWork of ParallelTask. After that, I write the
traceout by calling: trcout_ = trcin_; (assuming this will copy trace
location), write at trcout with my algorithm and finally do a
writer->put(trcout_);

The calls to writer->put will not necessarily occur in the same order of
rdr_->get. I got this doubts because I'm getting out of order traces at the
output cube. This is expected behavior or some OD bug?

Thanks a lot,
Fernando.