[Users] Basin modellers @ OpendTect meeting at AAPG conference, Cancun

Herald Ligtenberg herald.ligtenberg at opendtect.org
Thu Oct 21 11:38:58 CEST 2004

Dear all,

We are investigating and working towards an improved integration between
basin modelling and seismic attribute and neural network analysis using
OpendTect. Although a lot of advantages exist to include seismics in
basin modelling, it is still a fairly unexplored area.

Example applications:
- seismic fluid migration path interpretation of the ChimneyCube can be
used to calibrate/ update basin models, e.g. hydraulic properties of
faults and formations.
- more in general, seismic attribute analysis can be used to improve the
confidence level of modelling results.
- facies maps, generated by clustering methods on seismic data using
neural networks, are useful input for building your model, thereby
including litho-facies variations within formations.
- structurally consistent faults and horizons tracked at every preferred
level are useful input to build the framework structure of your model.

We therefore have initiated a group of basin modellers that are
interested in a better integration between the two analysis methods.
Please check: http://www.opendtect.org/?q=BasinModellers for more
information.

--> Meeting at AAPG international conference, Cancun (next week),
sponsored by dGB and IES.

On behalf of dGB and IES, I would like to invite you to the first Basin
Modellers @ OpendTect lunchon meeting.

Venue: Hyatt Regency Hotel (check the signs)
Date: Tuesday 28 October 2004
Time: 13:00 - 14:30

The official program of this meeting starts at 13:00 and ends at approx.
14:30 o'clock. It includes an introduction about OpendTect and the
integration with basin modelling; a presentation on "Petromod &
OpendTect" by IES, and presentations by basin modellers and others with
application examples. The meeting also includes a discussion/feedback
session.

Looking forward to see you in Cancun!

Herald Ligtenberg

p.s. for logistics reasons, please inform me if you are planning to attend.

--
-- OpendTect - The Open Source Interpretation Environment
-- mailto:herald.ligtenberg at opendtect.org, http://www.opendtect.org