[Users] import 2D segy

Vikram Unnithan v.unnithan at jacobs-university.de
Wed Jul 11 13:33:18 CEST 2007

Dear users,
Let me apologise for the trivial question before I formulate it.

Does one of you  have a quick "how-to" to import 2D segy into opendtect,
assuming you do not know anything about the segy file i.e. no extents. I
am often provided with 2D segy lines and would like to quickly have a
look at them. Normally, I do not have any details apart from the fact
that they are from the North Sea or perhaps the Norwegian margin. It
would be great, if I could load the file and use the descriptors to
define the working region.

thanks for your help,

with regards
Vikram Unnithan

--

/Dr. Vikram Unnithan <v.unnithan at jacobs-university.de>/

/School of Engineering and Science/

/Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH */

/Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany/

/Office: Research III, Room 120/

/Telephone: +49 421 200-3161/

/Fax: +49 421 200-3229/

/Web Address: http://www.jacobs-university.de/

*/And/*

/College Master, Mercator College/

/Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH*/

/College Ring 6, 28759 Bremen, Germany/

/Telephone: +49 421 200-5300/

/Telephone: +49 421 200-5306/

/Web Address: http://www.mercator-college.org/

/---* Formerly, International University Bremen---/