[Users] I need information

Arnaud Huck arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com
Thu Feb 21 10:07:49 CET 2008

Dear Jhonny, Dear Users,
Of course you can run OpendTect with such a configuration. Nevertheless,
OpendTect being a fully scalable system, you should not expect good
performances on a large dataset with such a low configuration.

Therefore you can work with small datasets on a low configuration, large
datasets on a high-end configuration, and everything in between.

While we do not have a minimum configuration, we provide the following
recommendations:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/rel/hardware_requirements.html

In general, do not hesitate to use the archive of the mailing lists:
http://lists.opendtect.org/pipermail/users/
A search with the key words "graphic card" returns a very similar topic
posted in September 2007, that contains the above mentioned
informations. We would also kindly remind that this kind of topic might
not be fully suitable for the user mailing list, but would more
appropriated for our support team (support at dgb-group.com)

Best regards,
Arnaud.

-- dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: arnaud.huck at dgb-group.com, http://www.dgb-group.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104