[Users] CREWES 3C-3D Dataset

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Wed Jul 2 17:02:41 CEST 2008

Hi Ricardo,

> I'd like to know if anyone has loaded the CREWES 3C-3D Post-stack migrated
> data into OD. The file is a modified SEGY, and I'm still unsucessfull on
> it's load.

I only have access to the 'Research colection 2004' (you have to *buy*
this!) with a few SEG-Y files, each having a small data snippet. "The
complete dataset collected by CREWES in the 1997 Blackfoot survey is
also available to Project Sponsors." Therefore, not for me.

I took a random one (migratedShotFkFiltered.sgy) and there was no
problem at all. The file is not REV.1, but the fields are on the default
positions. After figuring out the X, Y and Z ranges I could set up the
survey, then import the data. Displayed the raw data, made an attribute
set and displayed an attribute with some transparency. Cost me like 15 mins.

Screen shots:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/tmp/crewes_survsetup.png
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/tmp/crewes_migrshotfkfilt.png
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/tmp/crewes_simi.png

The survey:
ftp://ftp.opendtect.org/pub/tmp/crewes_surv.tar.gz

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands