[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect non-seismic usage

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Thu Aug 25 17:26:28 CEST 2011

Dear OpendTect user,

We are aware that OpendTect is also used in non-seismic applications. For
example, we know it is used extensively in the interpretation of Ground
Penetrating Radar data, which is why we support DZT import. Also EM, Gravity
& satellite imagery applications have been reported. We would like to
stimulate this type of usage by publishing one or more articles about the
usefulness of OpendTect in non-standard applications.

As we do not have any such material ourselves we turn to you. If you have
interesting non-standard applications that you would like to see published,
please contact me. Title, angle, list of authors, whether or not to
peer-review and which magazine to target can all be discussed. We will use
the help of a professional technical writer to ensure that the article will
meet the highest standards.

I look forward to many responses.

Thanks and best regards,

Paul.