[OpendTect_Users] Problem to display GPR data

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Tue Feb 15 12:45:20 CET 2011

Hi all,

Morgane replied:

> I have download the latest driver for my
> graphics card, but it doesn't change anything ! I realised that when I
> go in "Seismic file management" and then in "Browse 2D line", my values
> are there but there is no Z-range, only a series of 0 !

Ah! You need to get consistency in the Z scaling you use.

You already used some kind of Z factor to be able to define the survey.
You see, the OpendTect survey setup is all in milliseconds - this is
according to what is normal in seismic data. That means that the
ultra-short time records of GPR need some kind of scaling to be usable
within OpendTect.

In the DZT import window, you can specify a Z factor. Try setting the Z
scaling to 1000 or 1000000 or whatever you used for the survey setup,
and see how to get the data fitting in the Z scale of the survey.

This explains why you could see 2D displays: these are not dependent on
the survey box, the 2D displayer simply auto-scales teh Z range that it
gets.

/Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org