[OpendTect_Users] Create 3D cube using 2D lines

Bruno Chaintreuil bruno.chaintreuil at dgbes.com
Fri Feb 18 11:52:21 CET 2011

Dear Morgane, OpendTect users,

> I wanted to make a 3D cube using a 2D line set of GPR data but I have
> read in past messages that we can't do this with OpendTect

In OpendTect current release ( 4.2 ), there is no way you can transform
2D lines into a 3D cube. You have to gather the data yourself and turn
it into 3D before you import it in OpendTect. I started implementing an
algorithm in this direction which might be part of the next OpendTect
development release, in a couple of months. It should be able to handle
any 2D lineset, including GPR data ( since this kind of data is densely
sampled, even a simple nearest trace interpolation often yields
interesting results ).

I already received some interesting GPR datasets from the users ( thank
you Matthias and Paulo ). If you want to, you can give me your GPR 2D
lines so that I can quickly generate a 3D pseudo cube for you ?

Best Regards,
Bruno

--
  Bruno Chaintreuil, MSc.