[OpendTect_Users] Well logs and neural networks.

Alex Antunes alex at geologia.ufrn.br
Wed Jul 27 16:13:58 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I'm needing to compute a sonic log in a well that doesn't have it, but I don't
want to use the Gardner's approximation.

I think that this is possible to perform by using the neural networks in
OpendTect, using a sonic log plus a set of other logs from a reference well,
but I didn't find any tip on it in the OD documentation.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Regards,

Alex Antunes.

Prof. Alex Francisco Antunes
Geologia Estrutural e Interpretação Sísmica
Laboratório de Geologia e Geofísica de Petróleo
Depto. Geologia - Prog. Pós-Grad. Geodinâmica e Geofísica / UFRN