[OpendTect_Users] GR Cube

Friso Brouwer support-americas at dgbes.com
Thu Jun 2 18:02:46 CEST 2011

Yes, it is, but normally you would need a plugins:

   1. Using the
HorizonCube<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/horizoncube.html>has an
option where you can create a interpolated volume, accurately
   following tectonic and stratigraphic structuring.
   2. Using the Neural
Networks<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/neural-networks.html>you can
create a multi-attribute transform between multiple seismic volumes,
   inversion volume (e.g. AI) and other seismic attributes (e.g. the relative Z
   in the horizon attribute).

These are fundamentally different approaches. Approach 1 is best if you have
good well control, a geology with limited lateral variability and not a good
correlation between seismic properties and target rock properties. Approach
2 is best if you have a good correlation between seismic properties and
target rock properties. Of course you can advance the method even further by
blending both approaches, weighting the well interpolation stronger near the
wells and the seismic prediction more farther away from the wells. Thought
it is not intended for this purpose I suspect the MPSI
plugin<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/deterministic-a-stochastic-inversion.html>can
create 3D weighting grids to blend the two approaches.

For non-commercial academic work the HorizonCube and NN plugin can be
accessed via an academic
license<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/universities.html>.

If you only want to, or can use OpendTect without plugins, the best approach
is to use attribute <-> well log cross-plotting tool, analyze the trends
(best per stratigraphic interval) and then the mathematics attribute (and
optionally the Horizon relative Z attribute) in the attribute engine to
replot the trend in the seismic volume. The disadvantage compared to NN is
that it is much harder to take multiple input volumes/attributes into
account.

I hope this helps you on your way, if you need more detailed explained on
the workflows, their is much online support on
http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/support.html and if you have any remaining
questions send me a message.

Cheers,

Friso

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Gianni Greatti <giannigreatti at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, OpenDtect people, I'm wondering if OpenDtect is capable to create a
> volume, attribute volume, from well logs, lets say gamma ray or another,
> using neural networking or some smart interpolator.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> La verdad es una tierra sin caminos...