[OpendTect_Users] help

Crepin Eric Bouanga eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
Fri Jun 3 09:29:30 CEST 2011

On 06/01/2011 11:43 PM, Ariel Sanchez Camus wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> My name is Ariel and I'm from Argentina.This is my first time using
> Opendtect and I've got a question for you.
> I need to create an *Isochronous map.* Is this possible with
> Opendtect? if it is,where can I get a tutorial or paper to learn how
> to do this?
> Thanks for your help!

Dear Ariel,

Contour/Isochron maps can be created in OpendTect.
 From your horizon, right-click on it will show you many options like
'Add contour display', 'Calculate Isopach' etc ....

'Calculate Isopach' will compute the time or depth difference between
two horizons.
The computed grid will be displayed as a new layer on this horizon and
may be stored as a surface data. The output are in seconds, meters, or feet.

For more details, see the link below:
http://opendtect.org/rel/doc/User/base/chapter4.6_horizon.htm#LINK-TREES.POPUPS.HORIZON.CONTOURS

Best regards,

Eric

--
/*
    Eric Bouanga, MSc.

    dGB Earth Sciences B.V.
    Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
    Mailto: eric.bouanga at dgbes.com
    Tel: +31 534315155 / Fax: +31 534315104
    http://www.dgbes.com
    Skype: ericb_dgb