[OpendTect_Users] GR Cube

Renaud Meunier renaud.meunier at earthworks-reservoir.com
Mon Jun 6 10:16:12 CEST 2011

Dear Gianni,

Yes the MPSI plug-in contains a 3D kriging interpolator. Also its priori
aim is to build impedance model from well logs in the context of seismic
inversion it could also be used to interpolate other properties. The
interpolation is done per zone using ordinary kriging, each zone being
defined by seismic horizon(s). Zone settings include a stratigraphical
type (i.e. top conformal, base conformal, or conformal to base and top)
and a model of spatial correlation (variogram) required by the kriging
method. Filtering or smoothing (i.e. vertical up-scaling) of well logs can
also be done.

Kind regards,

Renaud

--