[OpendTect_Users] Wavelet dominant frequency

Arnaud Huck arnaud.huck at dgbes.com
Wed Nov 30 12:41:30 CET 2011

Dear Yoon,

No, you cannot "manage" the dominant frequency of existing wavelets,
because that is that last thing you should do when editing a wavelet.
There are utilities to do tapering and phase rotation, and merge
wavelets, and all these tools preserve the dominant frequency.

What you can do if you need higher frequencies in your wavelet is:
- Generate a synthetic wavelet with a given dominant frequency (you may
want to merge several synthetic wavelets...)
- Change the extraction interval when extracting the wavelet from a volume
- Enhance the frequency content of the volume before extracting its
statistical wavelet (using seismic spectral blueing for instance).

Best regards,
Arnaud Huck.

-- Senior Geoscientist
-- dGB Earth Sciences
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands
-- mailto: arnaud.huck at dgbes.com, http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 53 4315155 , Fax: +31 53 4315104