[OpendTect_Users] Tuning frequency

Adrian Bennetton adrian.bennetton at arkcls.com
Tue Oct 18 16:04:10 CEST 2011

Hi Yoon,

ARK CLS is in the process of creating a new OpendTect plug-in called
Seismic Net Pay (SNP) which amongst other functions will provide
capability to determine the tuning frequency.  This plug-in is a
development of our standalone variant of our SNP software.  We are
currently in the testing phase with this plug-in and hope to have a beta
release available by next month with a full release of SNP OpendTect
plug-in being made available towards the end of the year.  The basic
workflow of SNP is as follows:

*                       Pick top and base of reservoir on zero crossings
of band-limited impedance 3D data

*                       Extract average band-limited impedance

*                       Estimate wavelet

*                       Calculate detuning curve

*                       Apply detuning curve to average band-limited
impedance

*                       Apply first guess calibration and calculate net
pay

*                       Adjust calibration using well data

For more details please visit
http://www.arkcls.com/software/seismic-net-pay

For further reading we recommend the following two papers by Pat
Connolly:

Connolly, P.A., 2005, Net pay estimation from seismic attributes
<http://www.arkcls.com/docs/EarthDoc-1203.pdf> , EAGE Extended
Abstracts.
Connolly, P.A, October 2007, A simple, robust algorithm for seismic net
pay estimation, The Leading Edge.

Additionally there is another paper by Rob Simm which we would
recommend:

Simm, R., September 2009, Simple net pay estimation from seismic: a
modelling study, First break

I hope the above is of some help.

Best regards,

Adrian Bennetton