[OpendTect_Users] Surface attributes

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Fri Sep 16 16:56:46 CEST 2011

Hi Ali,

I am not sure what you mean by "Surface" attributes but I confirm that you
can run attributes on 2D seismic. Since the geometry of 2D and 3D seismic
differs, you must define 2D and 3D attributes separately in OpendTect. If
you have set up your survey for both 2D and 3D seismic you will notice two
attribute definition icons: one to define 2D attributes and one to define 3D
attributes. (If your survey is set up only for 2D, or only for 3D then only
one icon will appear in the user interface).

Best regards,

Paul.

--
*Paul de Groot
President

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Ali Wahid <ali.wahid at live.com> wrote:

>  Can anyone guide me can we run surface attributes on 2D data..I yes then
> kindly tell me the procedure..I am using OPENDTECT and PETREL for my work.
>
> Regards,
> Ali Wahid.

*
*