[OpendTect_Users] DiscVariance

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Tue Dec 18 14:35:56 CET 2012

Hello Raja,

There is no attribute called "Disc Variance" in OpendTect but it can be
easily created with the "Volume statistics" attribute (time-gate [0,0],
output Variance, if you have Dip-Steering use it to extract the information
along the reflectors instead of horizontally).

"Variance" is also a commercial attribute name used in Landmark software to
compute their flavor of "coherency". It that is what you meant I recommend
to use the "Similarity" attribute in OpendTect.

For more info on Volume Statistics and Similarity, please see the Attribute
Matrix: http://opendtect.org/opendtect_attributes_matrix/

Best regards,

Paul.

--