[OpendTect_Users] Steering Cube

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Fri Jan 6 15:43:54 CET 2012

Hello Septian,

I do not recommend to make a 3D cube out of six 2D lines. Although this is
a new option in the latest development release (4.3.0a, right click option
under 2D Seismics entry in the tree) creating a 3D volume out of a 2D set
only works well if you have a reasonable grid spacing to start with.

There is no need to create a 3D volume if you want to use dip-steering
because dip-steering is also supported for 2D seismic. Simply select the 2D
option from the Processing -> Steering menu. To learn more about
dip-steering and when to use detailed, or background steering cubes, please
see this webinar on how to create the optimal steering cube:
http://www.opendtect.org/tutorials/Webinar_Optimal_Steering

Good luck and best regards,

Paul de Groot.

--