[OpendTect_Users] Classifying attribute cubes; Exporting isosurfaces

Farrukh Qayyum farrukh.qayyum at dgbes.com
Tue May 8 10:05:37 CEST 2012

Dear Júlio,

You can try an alternative workflow that is not using the colour bar.
You can use this to classify a volume into iso-surfaces / geobodies. For
the workflow, the best way would be to watch this video tutorial (start
at 21min). I think it answers to most of your questions.

http://opendtect.org/tutorials/Webinar_Geo-body_Creation_in_OpendTect

> There is some feature for exporting the surfaces as clouds of points
> (x,y,z)?

You can also do it in a various ways. If you export horizons/grids from
OpendTect, it is by default exported as column sorted XYZ file. You may
also use the crossplot tool of OpendTect to extract point data or export
manually picked picksets/polygons.

If this doesn't help, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Kind regards,
Farrukh