[OpendTect_Users] New survey from VSP data

Mircea Cozma mircea.stefan.cozma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:53:11 CET 2013

Hello all.
Does anyone knows how to start a new survey only fro VSP data?
The flow seems to be straightforward: Survey > Select/Setup... > New... >
Range\coordinate settings > Scan SEG-Y file(s)
However, things are not that simple: which is (if any) the in-line and
cross-line here?
The in-line and cross-line bytes plus the X-coordinate and Y-coordinate
bytes shouldn't be a problem from a segy file structure point of view. I am
running some proprietary data and converting them to segy format is up to
me, as far as I was writing the conversion programs. The segy output
file(s) has been already verified by some other programs,
like SegYDetective and SEGY Viewer from PETRA. So the segy file is not an
issue.
But the in-line and cross-line (and their correspondence to the X and Y
coordinates) is.
Does anyone have some experience with this problem?
Many thanks in advance.
Mircea