[OpendTect_Users] Help with Fault creation in 3D Seismic Image

Jaap Glas jaap.glas at dgbes.com
Tue Feb 19 16:27:47 CET 2013

Dear Jaideep,

Your question:

 > 1. Take an input Seismic 3D image
 > 2. At a seed point selected by the user, create a fault.
 >
 > I want to create a plugin or drop down item in menu that can achieve this. The
 > UI part coding is almost clear to me, but I don't know how to get the seed point
 > and also how to create the fault on existing 3D image.

I am trying to understand what you want, but your information is quite
limited. First thing to say is that I would send such a question to the
developers mailing list, next time (developers at opendtect.org).

The usual reason someone wants to build a plugin is because he wants to
add something not yet available in OpendTect. OpendTect already offers
functionality to pick faults on 3D seismics. That code might already
contain the answers to many of the questions you have.

My question to you is what do you want to do different than what is
already available? Do you want to track faults automatically from a
single initial seed point? Do you want to enter the coordinates of
that seed point or do you want to click in the 3D scene to assign it?

I need better information before I can give any useful advice.

Best regards,

Jaap Glas

--
-- dr. Jaap C. Glas
-- Software Engineer
-- jaap.glas at dgbes.com
-- http://www.dgbes.com
-- Tel: +31 534315155, Fax: +31 534315104