[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect at EAGE 2013

Paul de Groot paul.degroot at dgbes.com
Thu Jun 6 17:29:53 CEST 2013

Dear OpendTect user,

To see the latest OpendTect developments please visit us at the EAGE
conference & exhibition in London next week:

*dGB Earth Sciences - booth 1114*

We will give presentations and demos on demand throughout the exhibition
days (10-13 June):

   1. OpendTect: what is new in version 4.6.
   2. HorizonCube, SSIS & Well Correlation Panel demos.
   3. *SynthRock *- our new modeling and inversion plugin. SynthRock
   supports two forward modeling modes: 1) the profile module quickly
   generates wedge-models and cross-sections for sensitivity analysis, and 2)
   the stochastic module is used to capture all possible geological and
   petrophysical variations in a target interval by stochastic modeling of
   thousands of pseudo-wells with varying layers thicknesses and log
   properties. Synthetic seismic responses (zero-offset, angle stacks, AvO
   attributes, optionally with multiples and PS conversions) can then in the
   HitCube approach be matched against measured seismic data to arrive at rock
   property probability volumes. For details, please see this brochure:
   http://www.dgbes.com/images/stories/PDF/SynthRock2013.pdf .

Furthermore, on *Tuesday, June 11th, at 10:55:00 hrs*. in the "Sedimentary
Basin Evolution" session Farrukh Qayyum will give an oral presentation
entitled "Developments and Future Trends in Wheeler Diagrams". Farrukh's
co-auhors are Otavian Catuneanu (University of Alberta) and Paul de Groot.

On *Wednesday, June 12th at 15:30* in the Exploration Plays & Propect
Evaluation Session (Poster Box 14) David Connolly will present poster no.
We P14 13 entitled "Integration Of Gas Chimney Detection & Migration
Modeling to Understand HC Migration, Deepwater, Tanzania".

EAGE 2013 will also see the launch of a new OpendTect plug-in developed by
leading geophysical imaging and gravity gradiometry provider, *ARKeX (booth
1250)*. The new plug-in, *XFIELD*, will enable interpreters to visualize
multiple 2D models within a 3D environment and rapidly build an integrated
geologically consistent interpretation that draws from and displays both
seismic and potential field data.

Finally, please be informed that the latest features of the ARK CLS &
Earthworks plugins will be on display at the* ARK CLS booth (400).*

We look forward seeing many of you next week.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
*Paul de Groot