[OpendTect_Users] PP-PS registration

John Chamberlain jxchamberlain at candg.me.uk
Thu Jun 13 11:57:14 CEST 2013

Registration is typically done by identifying the same event on the PP
and PS volumes and building a time and space-variant velocity model that
would align them in depth. This can also be done by converting the PS
section to PP time using a model of Vp/Vs ratio so actual
depth-conversion need not be done.  This is usually done interactively
and recursively (top to bottom), stating with an initial model for the
Vp/Vs ratio.

I expect a workflow for this could be built within OpendTect.
Hampson-Russell's ProMC is another toolkit which is specifically
designed to perform the analysis and conversions, with simultaneous
windows to judge the accuracy.

Regards
John Chamberlain

jxchamberlain at candg.me.uk