[OpendTect_Users] OpendTect - creating a seafloor map by first breaks

Steven Bottomley steve at upstream-consultants.com
Tue Dec 23 19:05:36 CET 2014

Fellow OpendTect users,

I am a newbie user and very impressed with the functionality of OpendTect.

I am mapping an offshore area on a 3D survey with very rugose seafloor due
to recent channelling. I could create a water-bottom map using auto-track
but the channels are so steep that the auto-track search algorithm is pretty
unstable.

I am not familiar with the other facilities of OpendTect, but just wondering
if there is a workflow to pick first breaks on each trace and create a water
bottom map in that way.  The absolute value of water depth (TWT) is not
important, but picking a reasonably consistent event parallel to the water
bottom is.

Thanks for any suggestions and Happy Christmas!

Regards

Steven Bottomley

---