[OpendTect_Users] Invitation Free OpendTect Training in London

Marieke van Hout - de Groot marieke.vanhout at dgbes.com
Thu Apr 2 10:49:32 CEST 2015

dGB Earth Sciences is organizing an exclusive one day free-of-charge
Introduction Class on OpendTect in London and we would like you to join us
for this class!

We are currently upgrading OpendTect such that the system will be truly
competitive with other seismic interpretation systems. We intend to launch
this solution under the name OpendTect Pro at the SEG conference in New
Orleans.

*OpendTect Pro will offer:*

   - Improved seismic interpretation work flows;
   - An interactive basemap with mapping functionality;
   - Two-way connection to Petrel;
   - PDF-3D plugin for sharing 3D images and
   - An accurate ray-tracer.

Commercial licenses of OpendTect will be automatically converted to
OpendTect Pro licenses at no additional costs. Here is a small presentation
about OpendTect Pro and the new HorizonCube algorithm that we are working
on as well. Presentation Link
<https://drive.google.com/a/dgbes.com/file/d/0Bw_jc73Z9AFGZ0NaT0FGdGNQTmM/view>

We intend to organize this class on the 17h of September, 2015 in London,
UK.

*Course Content: *
This training covers the introduction to OpendTect Pro as well as the open
source software, OpendTect, and assumes no prior experience in operating
the system. After the class, the participant will be able to interact with
the OpendTect visual environment, set up projects, load data, interpret
horizons, compute attributes and will be familiar with all basic
functionality, and independently perform basic workflows.

*Where*:
*London (exact venue to be announced)*

*When: *
*17th of September from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm.*

*Who should attend: *
*Seismic Interpreters.*

*Costs:*
*Free.*

*Conductor:*
*Dr. Paul de Groot*

*Important Notice on Registration:*
We reserve the right to cancel the course if there are too few
registrations on, June. 25th. So please register as soon as possible!

*You can register here:* Registration Link
<http://www.dgbes.com/index.php/contact/opendtect-training-london>

We look forward to seeing you in our Introduction Class!

Kind regards,

--

*Marieke van Hout, MSc.*

*Internal Sales Manager*