[Developers] Bug reports / Usability issues

Bert Bril Bert.Bril at opendtect.org
Mon Jan 9 12:34:38 CET 2006

Hi all,

Boris asked:

> Would you be interested in receiving bug reports and usability issues?

We are always interested in bug reports and usability issues. In fact,
we rely on our users and developers a lot because:

1) We often do not have the data or the variety and amount of computers
(Oil companies do)
2) The possibilities are huge, we cannot test everything

Recently, Hamish MacIntyre of British Gas was awarded the 'OpendTect Bug
Master' title for his continuous involvement in making OpendTect better.
He not only reports issues but actively helps to hunt down the cause of
problems. The title comes with a T-shirt (Size 'L', sorry Hamish).
Recommended are currently Akio Sakai (Japex) and David Epelboim
(geoinfo.com.ar).

What is a good bug report? Try this:

(Text avialable in English, Português, 简体中文, Česky, Dansk, Deutsch,
Français, Polski, Русский  and 繁體中文 )

I personally really like the following text, it's more about asking
questions but anyway:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- Nijverheidstraat 11-2, 7511 JM Enschede, The Netherlands