[Developers] Re: Hmmm... This error seems out the scope of my plugin...

Kristofer Tingdahl kristofer.tingdahl at dgb-group.com
Thu Oct 12 23:49:36 CEST 2006

Robin F Gary wrote:
> Hi there... Any ideas on the following error listing?
honestly I have no clue. The file is a pthread clone we use on windows.
Since there only is one #include directive above the point where it
complains (i.e. #include <windows.h>), the variables must be defined in
there. You could check the include path "make -n" and see if the file is
in the right path. If you interprete line 156 to  172, you realize that
__MINGW32__ and __cplusplus must be defined for the windows.h to be
included. I have no clue what those variables mean, but maybe setting
them could be an option.

You can also do the following:

cd src/Basic
touch basictask.cc
make SRC.cc=basictask.cc -n

You will get a listing that looks something like this:
rm -f lslux
echo "  Making Basic / lux64 (Oct 12 16:41:19) DEBUG=yes." | tee -a lslux
echo "Compiling basictask.cc ... " | tee -a lslux
g++ -c -ggdb3  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSYSV -Dlux64
-D__debug__ -Dlux -Dlux64 -D__shared__ -fsigned-char -Wconversion
-Wimplicit -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Werror -Wno-non-template-friend
-Wshadow -fPIC -I/users/kristofer/devel/work/od/include
-I/users/kristofer/devel/work/od/include/Basic   basictask.cc -o
/tmp/basictask.o 1>>lslux 2>&1
ar rv /users/kristofer/devel/work/od/lib/lux64/G/libBasic.a
/tmp/basictask.o 1>>lslux 2>&1
rm -f /tmp/basictask.o

Take the g++ row and paste it on the command line and do the following
changes: replace "-c" with "-E" and replace "-o /tmp/basictask.o" with
"-o basictask.pre".
When the command changes are done, you can run the compiler with the
changed parameters. The compiler will not compile the file, but only do
the preprocessing. The file basictask.pre will be a very long, hard to
read file where all the included files will be inserted. You should
however be able to see wether windows.h has been included or not.

I hope this leads you closer to the source of your problem,

Kristofer Tingdahl

--
Dr. Kristofer Tingdahl
dGB Earth Sciences