[Developers] Issues Release 3

Nanne Hemstra nanne at opendtect.org
Wed Aug 1 05:18:52 CEST 2007

Dear Urs,

> 1. It seems like there is a problem related to OpenGL shading also
> with compatible graphic cards. Using the OpenGL shading enabled it
> looks like once adding a new line (Inline/Crossline/Timeslice)/volume
> and adding and selecting a new attribute the resolution drop down menu
> gets disabled and cannot be used anymore. While one the otherhand
> adding a new line and then changing the resolution first before
> selecting/loading a new attribute the resolution drop-down menu stays
> enabled and selectable for that line always. If one disables the
> OpenGL shading everything works as normal.

The nice thing about shading is that you always have the texture in
highest possible resolution. The 'Resolution' setting from the drop-down
menu is then not necessary anymore, so we've removed it. When shading is
disabled (manually or due to hardware limitations) the 'Resolution'
setting is available again.
What you describe with changing the resolution before selecting an
attribute, sounds like a bug. I'll have a look at that one.

> 2. It seems like there was a change in the position definition
> upgrading to release 3.0. In order to define the elements position in
> volume definition one was able to type a 0 for the minimum value and
> the appropriate minimal values where entered and similarly if you
> entered for example 99999 into the maximum field and you line would
> only range to the index 150, 99999 would have been set to 150
> automatically. Since release 3 the unfeasible range values are always
> set to the minimum. Did that change on purpose? It previously
> described method was just a quick way in getting the full 3d volume
> without entering the correct range dimensions.

No, we didn't change that on purpose. Checking whether a value is within
the valid range and automatically set to min or max value  if outside
that range is (or maybe was) a nice feature from Qt. Apparently they
changed something. Anyway we'll make sure it will work again in the next
stable version.

Thanks for your detailed reports.

Best regards,

Nanne Hemstra