[Developers] Recompiling opendtect from sources

Nanne Hemstra nanne at opendtect.org
Thu Aug 2 11:28:34 CEST 2007

Dear Antonio (and all other developers),

> I have just recompiled opendtect 3.0.2 from sources, and I noticed
> that not all binaries are (re)generated.
> For instance, after issuing a make command in the ODWork root, which
> completes without errors, this is the output of ls –ltr in the
> bin/lux32 dir .......
> Leaving aside cbvs_* programs that are in a separate directory, and
> SSIS stuff, I notice that process_attrib_em plus some minor utilities
> (for instance: SearchODFile, add_hor_z, import_horattrib) are not
> updated (only files created July 26^th are recompiled, the others come
> from the original distribution).

Can you check whether you have a Makefile in $WORK/spec ? I suspect that
there's only a Makefile.od. If so, please create a link to this
Makefile.od and type make to create the binaries.

 > cd $WORK/spec
 > ln -s Makefile.od Makefile
 > make

This should be done automatically when creating a work environment. I'll
check the scripts which handle that.

> I also checked with grep / find and I have not been able to find any
> file related to process_attrib_em: can you help me sort it out?
This file is located in $WORK/spec/EMAttrib and the executable is used
for computing attributes on or between EarthModel objects like horizons.

> Besides that, I would be very grateful if the forthcoming releases
> start containing in the README an explicit reference to versions of
> the external libraries they have been compiled against: in my
> experience it is not true that ‘any recent version will go’, so it is
> better to know and have the same code base as the delivered versions,
> at least to get something comparable to what you have distributed.

Good point. We will add that information to next releases. Thanks!

Best regards,

Nanne Hemstra

--
- Nanne Hemstra