[Developers] Help documentation question

Robin Gary rjgary.gte at gte.net
Wed Dec 24 06:22:16 CET 2008

Happy Holidays!

I'm working on Windows on some bits and pieces of a plugin and am snagged on
the help documentation in my plugin. I reviewed the info in the programmers
manual and implemented my interpretation of what it says. It didn't work, so
I dutifully went in search for the tutDoc Help files as examples... I didn't
find the "data" or the "tutDoc" directory anywhere in the latest
releases including 3.2.2.a. Is it online somewhere?

My ui plugins reference the directory/help ID with
"SRI_HorzTools:105.0.5". I put the files in $WORK/data/SRI_HorzToolsDoc and
nothing comes up when I click on the question icon at the bottom of the
plugin. I don't know if there's a broken link in my environment or what...

If I bring up index.html directly, the pages (although not beautiful) do
display and navigation appears to work. Question: In the LinkFileTable, I
notice that the links are in caps, such as: LINK-2DHORIZON x1168.htm. Is
that a requirement or is it just a visual aid to help differentiate between
the link and the htm file we are linking to?

I could use some guidance. The tut example would be nice. I've reviewed
what's in the OpenDtect/data folders (dgbDoc, dTectDoc, etc)... Does the tut
example do anything different?

Off to wrap presence and have some egg nog!
Robin Gary