[Developers] COMPILING ODT

Fidel Reyes Ramos frramos at imp.mx
Fri Jan 25 18:49:06 CET 2008

Hi people at dGB,

I am trying to compile ODT in Itanium Linux. From the three packages needed,
I just installed and compiled two: FFTW and Coin.

I just miss Qt. This message is for asking you help about:

(1)     Do I need SoQt (the packages that comes with Coin) for using Qt and
compiling ODT?

(2)     Given that the executable Opendtect installs the programming
environment trough a menu option, and because I do not have yet the
executable binary to do this, I need to copy the source files from other
installation. (Is that so?). What do you recommend: Copying the source files
from a Windows installation or from a linux like installation (like the SGI
I made months before)?

(3)     Do I need to copy the whole ODWork directory? Is there a compressed
package from your web site just containing the source code?

I will thank any help.

Best regards.

Fidel.