[Developers] common offset prestack processing

Corrao Antonio Antonio.Corrao at eni.it
Thu Oct 9 18:17:06 CEST 2008

Dear all,
as opendtect begins to handle prestack data, I am starting to speculate
about porting some algorithms into pre-stack domain.
Some of those would require common-offset sorting of input: each common
offset cube would ideally be processed separately and all offsets
outputs collected together would yield the final resulting CDP.
I have not inspected the 3.2.1 code closely enough, but I noticed that
there is a new attribute that has a prestack input and computes avo
attributes (among other things): such attribute has pre-stack input but
post-stack output, so it does not prove common-offset processing is
possible yet.
What is actually possible in 3.2.1 and what will the future bring in
that respect?
Thank you,
AC

Antonio Corrao
Senior Geophysicist
GEOS dept. - Eni E&P Division
V. Emilia 1 - 20097 San Donato Milanese - Italy
Tel:+39.02.520.61150 - Fax:+39.02.520.63897 -
mailto:antonio.corrao at eni.it <mailto:antonio.corrao at eni.it>
_____
Eni S.p.A. - Sede legale in Roma, Piazzale Enrico Mattei 1, 00144 Roma -
Cap.sociale 4.005.358.876,00 i.v.
Registro Imprese di Roma - Codice Fisc. 00484960588 - P.IVA 00905811006
- R.E.A. Roma n.756453

Message for the recipient only, if received in error, please notify the sender and read http://www.eni.it/disclaimer/