[Developers] On VC and ODT

Fidel Reyes Ramos frramos at imp.mx
Thu Dec 3 15:50:22 CET 2009

Hi,

I was testing opendtect 4.x with VC and found this:

(1)     The tutorial on developing in MS-WINDOWS say the newest version of
VC is the best. So, I installed VC 9.x, and generate the solution for the
plugins. Then, VC asks for converting the solutions to the newest version
and succeeded.

(2)     When I tried to load the generated plugins, ODT refused to load
them. I wonder the causes:

(a) Because plugins are already compiled and distributed in the "Program
Files" directory, so ODT has already loaded plugins (even those for testing)
when I tried to load the ones VC generated. I tried without succes to erase
the plugins in the "Program Files" directory. I could not do this because,
perhaps, Windows restricted access to these files.

(b) Because ODT was compiled with VC 8, and I tried to compile plugins with
VC 9. Are there differences between VC 8 and VC9 so big to make this
incompatibility?

Am I right? What can you advise me?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Fidel.