[OpendTect_Developers] ODT and VC, NEW PROBLEM

Ranojay Sen ranojay.sen at dgbes.com
Mon Dec 14 06:52:13 CET 2009

  Dear Fidel,

> Finally, I got the VC8 and uninstalled all the components of the newer
> VC9. Then, I ran ODT and it wrote a message:
>
> Can not execute odmain.exe in
> ProgramFIles/Opendtect4.1/bin/win32/odmain.exe
>
> Then I went to that directory and I ran ODT by hand, and I got the
> message:
>

> CreateProcess failed: Code 1004L (or something).
>

> I was wondering if I erased a component ODT needed, maybe, one of
> SQL's packages.
>

> What can be happening? Do I need to download ODT again? Do I need to
> install all the SQL components from VC8?

It seems that you have un-installed  all the VC++ components from your
system that includes vcredist.exe, this packages contains
supporting dll files in order to execute programs written with MSVC. I
am recommending this link below, please download the package
and install it on you system. This will solve the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

Regards
Ranojay

--