[OpendTect_Developers] Automating attribute creation?

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Thu Dec 23 14:44:22 CET 2010

Hi all:

John wrote:

> THEN I have to go through a "Save Attribute definitions as"
> dialog and pass a challenge prompt for overwriting the one from my last run.

So why would you do this? Is there any specific reason why you want to
use the UI when creating test data?

> Needless to say, when I'm testing small changes to my plug-in, I'm
> repeating a lot of steps here.  And that doesn't even actually make my
> plug-in run.  I still have to go to my Elements tree, click on Volume to
> add, select the Attribute I created and then it runs.

While testing an attribute, I wouldn't even go in the UI. I wouldn't
even make a plugin. Why not create a batch program?
Run-display-Run-display-etc. You can also launch a viewer from the
program. There are just too many possibilities to all go through.

Anyway.

If you really want to go through the UI, then the Command Driver may be
what you want. Does all the clicking for you. Put a script
'autoexec.cmd" in the Proc directory of your survey. Or start OpendTect
with command line parameters like:
start_dtect cmd=rec.cmd
More on the Command driver in the user manual:
http://opendtect.org/rel/doc/User/base/command_driver_manual.htm
or Jaap's webinar:
http://opendtect.org/tutorials/Webinar_OpendTect_Command_Driver

/Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org