[OpendTect_Developers] What is the actual state of the project?

Júlio Hoffimann julio.hoffimann at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:45:36 CEST 2010

Hi Helene,

Great :-) We are researchers from Brazil and want to explore OpenDtect
functionalities in our simulations, because is OpenSource and seems to be a
professional project. We have some UQ(Uncertainty Quantification) routines
wich could be integrated in the software, i think.

Some questions:

   - Why Makeself? What is the advantage in use this archiver/scritpt
   feature instead of a simple *.tar.gz? Is the first time that i see it.
   - There is a VCS? Would be great if exists a Git repository to clone :-)
   If we have time to improve something, we can send patches to you.

The Doxygen documentation is very helpful.

Júlio.