[OpendTect_Developers] Regarding DTECT_APPL env. variable

Vaqar Hyder vaqar.hyder3567 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:20:53 CEST 2011

Dear All,
I am working over the compilation of OD's 4.2.0. The compilation process was
successful so far but the application does not have the necessary graphical
item like e.g. icons don't show up. Now I tried few other ways to fix this
but it seems like the problem of DTECT_APPL=%WORK%\OpendTect-4.2.0
Here the OpenDtect 4.2.0 application resides in the work folder. Application
compiles and runs successfully (as mentioned above) if I dont set this
variable but in case I have this variable set, I come across the following
error

"Unhandled exception at 0x09b906a2 in od_main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation writing location 0x0110156c."

I am cluesless as I cant catch it via debugging since it keeps on occuring
on different locations in the source code.
Any suggestions!
Thanks in anticipation

--
Regards

Vaqar Hyder
Master in Media Informatics
RWTH Aachen University and University of Bonn,
Germany