[OpendTect_Developers] Regarding Building Entire OpenDtect Application

Vaqar Hyder vaqar.hyder3567 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:24:02 CET 2011

Hello everyone,
I am with a task to make the OpenDtect 4 functional on the multi-touch
system. For that
purpose the first step is to build the entire application since to my
undetstanding the plugins
alone may not be sufficient to accomplish the task and few changes are need
in the interface
as well. (right?)

Though I'm just performing the basic tasks but already facing few problems
as follows:

I have downloaded the developer package (32bit) and OpenDtect (32bit) for
Windows7.
After Installing the developers Package (in C Drive) and  OpenDtect (in
Program Files(x86)),
I headed towards creating the development Environment using the OpenDtect
'Create Devel. Env.'
utility and I keep getting the message "No source code found. Please
Download and install
Development package first.". Though I have already downloaded and installed
the development Package.
(I have setup the environment variable "Work" pointing to the location where
I have installed the development
Package.)

Note that I am following
http://www.opendtect.org/rel/doc/Programmer/windows.html
but I have come accross the following as well:
ftp://www.opendtect.org/pub/old/v1.1.3/html/Programmer/windows.html (Do I
need to follow this one?)

Further more, do we have any updated developer"s manual that elaborates
building entire application? Since
the manuals currently available, basically, focus over plugin development.

Looking foward to your kind response
Thanks in anticipation
--

Regards

Vaqar Hyder
Student of Master in Media Informatics
RWTH Aachen University and University of Bonn,
Germany