[OpendTect_Developers] Problems in Building uiCoin

Vaqar Hyder vaqar.hyder3567 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:35:19 CET 2011

Dear All,
Thanks a million for the responses to my previous query. The communication
heralded a fruitful result so far and thereafter the project has compiled
further.
But uiCoin project seems to have some problem. Regarding that I have the
following queries.

1. As per Opendtect 4.0 release info, the project required SoQt 1.4.2a where
as we don't have this version.  "http://www.coin3d.org/lib/soqt/releases"
either has version 1.4.1 or 1.5. Where can I find the prescribed version or
in other case which other version should I go for? (To my understanding so
far, we can't use 1.4.1 as it is a buggy version and 1.5 doesn't have the
required Header files.)

2. On Building uiCoin I have the following error Error   "fatal error
LNK1104: cannot open file 'soqt1.lib'    uiCoin". Does this mean that I need
to build the SoQt source code and get the lib?

Hope the propositions are clear
Thanks again

--
Regards

Vaqar Hyder
Student of Master in Media Informatics
RWTH Aachen University and University of Bonn,
Germany