[OpendTect_Developers] Problems in Building uiCoin

Ranojay Sen ranojay.sen at dgbes.com
Mon Mar 14 06:02:53 CET 2011

Dear Vaqar,

> Dear All,
> Thanks a million for the responses to my previous query. The
> communication heralded a fruitful result so far and thereafter the
> project has compiled further.
> But uiCoin project seems to have some problem. Regarding that I have
> the following queries.
>
> 1. As per Opendtect 4.0 release info, the project required SoQt 1.4.2a
> where as we don't have this version.
> "http://www.coin3d.org/lib/soqt/releases" either has version 1.4.1 or
> 1.5. Where can I find the prescribed version or in other case which
> other version should I go for? (To my understanding so far, we can't
> use 1.4.1 as it is a buggy version and 1.5 doesn't have the required
> Header files.)

As a matter of fact, we used the SoQt version downloaded from SIM's
subversion repository( its now being changed to Mercurial repository ),
so it is not in the list of stable releases. In this case you can use
any of the versions (1.4.1/1.5.0) , here 1.5.0 is recommended. As you
are going to build OpendTect from scratch, it wont be a problem. In
order to build SoQt you also need to have Coin, which should be built
before you build SoQt as SoQt has dependencies on Coin.

> 2. On Building uiCoin I have the following error Error   "fatal error
> LNK1104: cannot open file 'soqt1.lib'    uiCoin". Does this mean that
> I need to build the SoQt source code and get the lib?

Yes, for building uiCoin, you first need Coin and SoQt built from
scratch for making the lib files. You have this problem because you do
not have SoQt lib files yet.

Regards
Ranojay

--