[OpendTect_Developers] Update for the pre-release

Bert Bril bert at opendtect.org
Thu Apr 19 15:22:18 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Because of a subtle but serious problem on Linux we had to take the
following measures:

* Upgrade to gcc 4.1.2 for the release.
* Recompile everything.
We even have a small number of fixes (for all platforms).

Therefore, we have an update for a couple of packages (base, devel and
instmgr). You could try to start the the installation manager (from the
OpendTect Utilities menu, or run the installer again), but we recommend
getting the installer again, too.

Remove the old installation, and make a fresh installation at the same
path. Installers are at:

http://opendtect.org/relman/opendtect_installer_lux64.sh
http://opendtect.org/relman/opendtect_installer_lux32.sh
http://opendtect.org/relman/OpendTect-Installer-Win32.exe
http://opendtect.org/relman/OpendTect-Installer-Win64.exe

Then you should be OK. Your development tree is separate and not affected.

Bert

--
-- Bert Bril / OpendTect developer at dGB
-- mailto:Bert.Bril at opendtect.org , http://opendtect.org