[OpendTect_Developers] New update for the pre-release

Raman Singh raman.singh at dgbes.com
Thu Apr 26 10:59:32 CEST 2012

Dear fellow developers,

We have made a fresh update of the pre-release because of the following
issues:
-- On all platforms the sKey:: strings could be uninitialized (depending
on compiler, platform and random factors).
-- On Windows the release build had an unnecessary dependency on the
MSVC debug run-time libraries.

You can use the Installation Manager from the OpendTect Utilities menu
or the stand-alone Installation Manager from

http://opendtect.org/relman/opendtect_installer_lux64.sh
http://opendtect.org/relman/opendtect_installer_lux32.sh
http://opendtect.org/relman/OpendTect-Installer-Win32.exe
http://opendtect.org/relman/OpendTect-Installer-Win64.exe

and update your existing installation. On Windows, please make sure no
OpendTect processes (from the current version) are running while you
update your installation. That means you need to close OpendTect after
launching the Installation Manager from it. We will make sure this is
handled properly when we make the actual release.

Your development tree is not affected, but we suggest you to recompile
everything after the update.

Happy coding!
Raman

--